I tried to fund this newest bank that allows upto 50K in CC funding - (details on that in a few days ) with my citicard and it got declined.

I called Citibank CSR and was asked the reason for the purchase and a few confirmation questions. After that the CSR went on to lecture me about how it is in effect a Cash Advance and not a Purchase. Well my credit limit is over 25K and I was trying to Fund ~22K.

I later funded using Citibank Business Card (for 15K) and it went through fine (It has not posted yet). I called Citibank Personal Card CSR again and was told that I could fund a maximum upto my Cash Advance limit. I know many folks have run into that issue while trying to fund Citibank Account but I had not heard of that issue with non-citibank accounts.

Anyone had similar experiences with Personal Citi Cards? With Citibank its truly YMMV.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // February 9, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

    Can't wait to hear more!